Generally when you want to share files from one PC to another, you upload it to a file sharing service and then provide the URL. It is a good method for sharing files online but I always avoid this because I think its time-consuming process for send lots of files. But you can use DirecTransFile (DTF) software allows you to transfer files or directories through internet directly from user to user. It is completely freeware portable tool so you can use it directly without and installation and lets you share files from one PC to another without having to upload the file. The downloading is controlled using a download code which is shared to the user who wants to download the file.
How to use it ?
Double click on downloaded software file and select files you want to share online, you can also add multiple files at single time and then click on register the application will generate a code to download files. Now send this generated code to other user who wants to download files.
Process on another computer:
Download and start same software on another computer and select Downloads.. option from taskbar icon of running application.
Now clock on Download button on application and enter previous generated code by application and select next.
After click on next it will ask for location enter you location and it will start downloading.
Features of DirecTransFile:
- Secure – information about files list is not saved to server;
- Immediate – you don’t need to upload files to files storage;
- Fast – the data is transferred from user to user throughout direct connection;
- Anonymously – user not needs to disclose private information. The e-mail, name, country etc are not collected.
- Traversable – in case both users can’t create direct connection (they are both behind NAT) they can send/receive files through server.